Facts and FiguresBack to overview
- Twin-turbo 4.0 V8 TFSI featuring aluminum crankcase with iron-coated barrels
- Performance data: 571 PS / 420 kW, 800 Nm (590.0 lb-ft) of torque (combined fuel consumption in l/100 km: 11.4–11.3* (20.6–20.8 US mpg); combined CO2 emissions in g/km: 260–258* (418.4–415.2 g/mi))
- One high-pressure injection pump up to 250 bar and one twin-scroll turbocharger per cylinder bank
- Mild-hybrid system (MHEV) and 48-volt main electrical system; enables gliding with the engine switched off, fast restart and an extended stop/start range
- Cylinder on demand system for temporarily shutting off four of the eight cylinders
- Eight-speed tiptronic and quattro permanent all-wheel drive
- Exhaust system with catalytic converters close to the engine, gasoline particulate filter and electric sound flap
- Three standard systems on board for a wide spread between comfort and sportiness, and outstanding driving dynamics. All set via Audi drive select (New: “comfort +” mode):
- Predictive active suspension for precise body control in any situation via electromechanical actuators on all four wheels
- Dynamic all-wheel steering for high agility at low and medium speeds and supreme stability on freeways
- Sport differential for transferring drive torque between the rear wheels for exhilarating driving dynamics
Upon request from the customer: High-performance brake discs made from carbon fiber ceramic with a diameter of 420 millimeters (16.5 in) on the front axle and 370 millimeters (14.6 in) on the rear axle. Including the brake calipers, the ceramic brake system is 9.6 kilograms (21.2 lb) lighter than the conventional brake system with brake discs made from cast iron
* Information on fuel consumption and CO2 emissions as well as efficiency classes in ranges depending on the tires and alloy wheel rims used.
** The collective fuel consumption values of all models named and available on the German market can be found in the list provided at the end of this press information.
All terms marked in the text are explained in detail in the technology lexicon at www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/technology-lexicon.
The equipment, data and prices specified in this document refer to the model range offered in Germany. Subject to change without notice; errors and omissions excepted.