Audi offers its employees a modern work environment, space for innovation, and diverse possibilities for individual development with attractive salaries and a high level of job security. Audi employees are actively helping to shape future topics such as electric mobility and digitalization. The corporate values of appreciation, openness, trust, and integrity are a mainstay of the company’s culture.
Training and further education
Recognizing that the transformation demands new key competencies, Audi is helping build them in its workforce.
- Audi is the largest employer in the region: There are 40,118 people at the Ingolstadt site (as of December 31, 2022). Of those more than 1,350 are trainees and more than 82 are cooperative education students studying the future of mobility.
- As a future-oriented company, AUDI AG offers many trainee positions in the region: In the fall of 2022, 386 young people began their vocational training with Audi in Ingolstadt.
- In early October 2022, 55 young people began a program at the Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt university of applied sciences and worked at Audi during their practicum phase.
- To promote lifelong learning, Audi is focusing on the targeted qualification and advanced training programs for its employees during the transformation. A training budget of half a billion euros has been set aside for this purpose up through 2025.
A modern working environment
Audi is committed to a modern culture of collaboration and attractive working conditions. The brand with the four rings exemplifies a culture characterized by personal responsibility and trust.
- In October 2022, Audi’s “Hybrid Working” company agreement took effect, affording employees even more flexibility. They are free to choose where they work, and there are no requirements for in-office attendance.
- All employees are entitled to work remotely, provided that doing so is consistent with the type of work they do.
- In this way, Audi also promotes new, agile forms of collaboration.
The health of its employees is a top priority at Audi.
- The company cares about the physical and mental health of its employees and managers.
- Audi’s gastronomy service is committed to providing a healthy diet through company catering.
Audi has various programs to help its employees to better balance work and family life.
- Audi employees can create individual work schedules to promote a good work–life balance. In addition, Audi supports its employees in their individual life plans by offering extended breaks such as sabbaticals.
- Mobile working offers employees a great deal of flexibility during the workday and makes it easier to combine work, family, and other areas of life.
- Audi supports its employees in their individual life plans by offering extended breaks such as sabbaticals.
Work and family
As the location of its headquarters, AUDI AG is committed to Ingolstadt.
- Childcare slots for employees’ children in partnered childcare centers
- Holiday childcare with Audi Summer Kids in the summer holidays and shorter holidays throughout the year.
- Flexible short-term care for off-peak times and last-minute childcare needs
Work and care
- Audi supports its employees who care for family members. In 2021, the company received the “Otto Heinemann Prize for achieving balance between work and care,” making it “a model of a care-friendly working environment.”
- In Ingolstadt, Audi works with a care facility run by AWO Kreisverband IN-EI e.V. that takes over support for Audi employees’ family members who need care, for instance during vacation or periods of illness (prevention care)
- Audi care time: Care-giving employees can take a leave of partial or complete absence for up to three years – with a guarantee of reinstatement for four more years.
- Event series on various topics are offered, for instance on precautions/prevention, dementia, or self-care for employees with family members who need care.
- In collaboration with Audi BKK and famPLUS GmbH, there are free programs for Audi employees: personalized assistance by telephone, online care counseling days, online care dialog, and online care lectures.
- Audi is a dementia partner: The company works with the German Alzheimer Association and the Alzheimergesellschaft Ingolstadt e.V. (Alzheimer Society of Ingolstadt) to raise awareness of the topic and offer online training for employees.