Audi as an attractive employerBack to overview
Audi offers its employees a modern work environment, space for innovation, and diverse possibilities for individual development with attractive salaries and a high level of job security. Audi employees are actively helping to shape future topics such as electric mobility and digitalization. The corporate values of appreciation, openness, trust, and integrity are a mainstay of the company’s culture. With targeted qualification and advanced training programs tailored to individual employees, Audi is preparing its workforce for tomorrow’s tasks.
- With its training program “Digital Shift – in Production and Logistics”, Audi is expanding IT expertise within the workforce at its Neckarsulm site. IT-minded employees and interested staff can use their potential and learn the ropes in strategic future jobs. The program will also serve as the blueprint for additional pilot projects.
- In the area of electromobility, employees have the opportunity to qualify for the development of high-volt batteries, in part through a specially designed program from Center for Advanced Studies at the university “Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg (DHBW CAS)” in Heilbronn. They also take various learning modules at the Audi Academy and can put the knowledge they put directly into practice.
- With the Center for Advanced Studies at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW), the Neckarsulm site offers a qualification program for an introduction to the development of electric drives. The program supports the transformation of the workforce in engine development.
- In advanced training to become an electrical specialist in battery and vehicle technology, employees learn about the potential hazards of handling batteries and everything else they need to know for their daily work.
- In the Böllinger Höfe industrial park, Audi has set up an advanced training center for electromobility, car IT, and automotive engineering. In the direct vicinity of the Audi e-tron GT production site, employees can use digital learning methods among others to develop their professional skills there.
- Additionally, the educational campus in Heilbronn affords employees at the Audi site in Neckarsulm numerous prospects to help advance the digital factory transformation and the transition to electromobility.
- AUDI AG is one of the largest employers in the region: 15,505 employees work at the Neckarsulm site (as of: 12/31/2022).
- As a future-oriented company, AUDI AG offers many trainee positions in the region: In September 2021, 245 teenagers and young adults began their vocational training at Audi.
- In early October 2021, 21 junior staff began a program at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) and worked at Audi during their internship phase.
- On 31 December 2022, a total of 799 trainees and 53 dual students were employed at the Neckarsulm site.
- Hybrid working gives employees maximum freedom of choice without set in-office days.
Work and private life
Audi has various programs to help its employees to better balance work and family life.
- Mobile working offers employees a great deal of flexibility during the workday and makes it easier to combine work, family, and other areas of life.
- The company works with “FRÖBEL – Kindheit in Bewegung”, an association that offers all-day care in daycare centers in Neckarsulm and the vicinity. There were a total of 73 childcare places for Audi employees through the association and in the town of Bad Friedrichshall in 2022.
- There is also a flexible childcare program in cooperation with “FRÖBEL – Kindheit in Bewegung” in Bad Friedrichshall.
- Audi supports its employees in their individual life plans by offering extended breaks such as sabbaticals.
Work and care
Audi care time: Care-giving employees can take a leave of partial or complete absence for up to three years – with a guarantee of reinstatement for four more years.
- Event series on various topics are offered to employees, for instance on precautions/prevention, dementia, or self-care.
- In collaboration with Audi BKK and famPLUS GmbH, there are free programs for Audi employees: personalized assistance by telephone, counseling days, care dialog, and care lectures, all of them taking place on site.
- Audi is a dementia partner: The company works with the German Alzheimer Association and the Alzheimergesellschaft Ingolstadt e.V. (Alzheimer Society of Ingolstadt) to raise awareness of the topic and offer online training for employees.