We are using cookies for a better user experience.
The status after three months: Audi’s momentum was strong in the first quarter of 2021
- Sales revenue €14.1 billion, operating profit €1.4 billion, operating return on sales 10.0 percent, profits before tax €1.7 billion
- Strong performance partly thanks to special items: net cash flow €3.1 billion
- First quarter of 2021 was characterized especially by strong demand, positive price and mix effects, and positive valuation effects in ensuring raw materials supply
- Audi accelerates e-mobility: launch of the Audi e-tron GT and Audi Q4 e-tron series
- CFO Rittersberger: “Investments for the future are an important driver of the transformation”
The Audi Group has carried the impetus of the year-end surge over to the first months of 2021: in the opening quarter, deliveries, sales revenue, and operating profit increased significantly compared to the previous year’s figures, which were marked by the pandemic. The operating return on sales was 10.0 percent. Following solid year-end figures, Audi started the new year successfully, with strong business in China and the USA. Thanks to consistent discipline in investments and costs, as well as effects deriving from the previous quarter, net cash flow reached a high level at €3.1 billion and confirmed once again the financial strength of the Four Rings. With the world premieres of the fully electric Audi e-tron GT and Audi Q4 e-tron families of models in February and April, Audi is also significantly raising the pace on its way to becoming a premium provider of electric mobility.