We are using cookies for a better user experience.
Audi increases budget for electromobility up to 2025
- Focus on future technologies with upfront expenditure of almost € 17 billion
- Almost half of total investments for electromobility, hybridization and digitalization
- Consistent use of synergies in the Volkswagen Group, including for hard- and software
- Audi Transformation Plan and Audi.Zukunft remain key pillars for the company’s success
- Chairman of Supervisory Board Herbert Diess: “With this investment planning we are making Audi stronger for the upcoming transformation of the core business”
With its investment planning for the next five years, AUDI AG is pushing ahead its transformation to a provider of networked and sustainable premium mobility: with a total amount of approximately € 35 billion, investments remain at a high level, especially for future vehicle projects, in spite of a difficult business environment. Some € 17 billion, amounting to half of the investment sum, is allocated to future technologies alone. Like the Volkswagen Group as a whole, Audi is reinforcing investments in electromobility. The premium manufacturer has earmarked approximately € 15 billion for this and the future topic of hybridization, thus underlining the key importance of its electro-roadmap. The necessary financial scope is created by synergies in the Volkswagen Group – in both the e-platform strategy and in software development. Improvements in fixed costs, a leaner product portfolio, and savings in non-vehicle investments further contribute to the financial solidity of the Audi brand.