The principle of living responsibility is firmly anchored in the Audi strategy. As the largest employer in the Ingolstadt region, Audi aims to enhance the quality of life here and therefore regularly collaborates with the city, local companies, associations, and educational and social institutions.
Working together for a good cause: Audi bundles community service activities and supports the volunteer efforts of its employees under the motto “Audi Volunteers.”
- The Ingolstadt site celebrated Audi Volunteer Day again in 2017. Audi employees spent the day working in the region’s social institutions.
- As part of the two-week initiative “Autumn: A Time to Give” employees spend part of their leisure time in care homes.
- Audi employees can use the corporate intranet to search for suitable opportunities to volunteer above and beyond these kinds of action days.
- Audi also supports various social institutions in the region according to its funding guidelines.
- The company is also supporting multiple vocational school classes in Ingolstadt, where young adult refugees are prepared to obtain a German school-leaving certificate so they can move onto vocational training in the region.
Focus on education and research: Audi is working in Ingolstadt and the region to make the area even more attractive as a location for science. The company also wants to encourage young people to study in technical and scientific fields.
- Scientific partnerships, such as with the TH Ingolstadt (THI) and KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (joint research projects)
- Science in dialogue: public lecture series with professors
- Electric Mobility advanced training program for drive system developers in collaboration with TH Ingolstadt
- Entry-level qualification programs to assist young people who have not been able to secure an apprenticeship or vocational training
- Programs for school students: Jugend forscht science fair, Girls’ Day, Girls for Technology camp
Shaping mobility: Audi is working with the Ingolstadt public transit company (INVG) and Deutsche Bahn, among others, to reduce traffic around the site. Residents in the region benefit from the development of the bus network as well. The company is continually expanding its mobility services for employees. For example, the project to add a train stop directly at the site is now underway. This joint project of the city of Ingolstadt, the Free State of Bavaria, Deutsche Bahn, and AUDI AG is aimed at relieving traffic congestion in the Ingolstadt region and provides improved mobility for Audi employees. The train stop is due to open in late 2019.
Audi’s experience in sports:
At a regional level, Audi is active as a dependable sports sponsor. For more than a decade now, the brand has been a partner of the ERC Ingolstadt ice hockey club, the 2014 German champions. Audi also sponsors the Ingolstadt Dukes, who made it into the top flight of American football in Germany following the successful 2016 season. Audi also maintains a long-term partnership as main sponsor of FC Ingolstadt 04, which in the current 2017/2018 season plays in the second Bundesliga. The home games of the Bundesliga team are played at the Audi Sportpark. Audi places special emphasis here on youth development:
- Since the Audi Schanzer Soccer School was founded in 2009, more than 30,000 children have attended its holiday camps.
- And 22 young talented players of FC Ingolstadt 04 and ERC Ingolstadt attend the Audi Sport Academy, which is a boarding school for child athletes.
Audi also supports the following clubs and sporting events in Ingolstadt:
- MTV Ingolstadt (track and field/volleyball/G‑Judo)
- Ingolstadt half-marathon
- Ingolstadt Triathlon
- Dukes Ingolstadt (American football)
- Reitertage Hagau (equestrian)
- Ingolstadt Ice Gala
- Ingolstadt City Skiing Championship
Audi’s experience in culture:
Audi has been sponsoring cultural activities for more than 50 years. The Audi Philharmonic Wind Orchestra, a plant orchestra that arose from an employee initiative, was the starting point for Audi’s cultural involvement. Under the name Audi Art Experience, the company brings together a diverse cultural program that ranges from cooperation with world-famous cultural institutions to Audi’s own events in the region and valuable projects for young artists. In addition to the involvement with the Salzburg Festival, the Audi Summer Concerts in the Ingolstadt region and the Audi Young Persons’ Choral Academy provide genuine experience of the arts and culture.
Audi supports the following cultural events and institutions in Ingolstadt:
- Audi Summer Concerts
- Audi Philharmonic Wind Orchestra
- Foundation for Concrete Art and Design/Museum for Concrete Art
- City Theater Ingolstadt
- Ingolstadt Georgian Chamber Orchestra
- Ingolstadt Jazz Days
- Jazz in the Audi Forum Ingolstadt
- Audi Art House Cinema
- 20 minmax short film festival
Audi Forum Ingolstadt: the brand gateway
The Audi Forum Ingolstadt is the Audi experience world at the company’s largest site. Each year it offers some 400,000 visitors from the region and throughout the world a wide range of opportunities to get to know the brand with the four rings.
- Last year, over 73,620 owners picked up their new Audi from the Customer Center at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt – more than ever before. In 2017, one out of every four of the premium brand’s automobiles sold in Germany drove across the Audi Forum piazza.
- The Audi museum mobile is also part of the Audi Forum Ingolstadt. With over 100 exhibits in its permanent collection and changing special exhibitions, the museum focuses on the Audi brand with its rich tradition.
- Guided tours through the plant offer visitors an insight into ultramodern automobile production at the Ingolstadt site.
Popular attraction and tourist highlight
- The Audi Art House Cinema is open daily and has won several awards for its selection of movies.
- The Audi Forum Ingolstadt is a popular meeting point thanks to the wide variety of events held there. Together with the Birdland Jazz Club Neuburg as the organizer, Audi has presented the successful concert series Jazz at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt with musicians from all over the world since 2001. In the Audi.torium, celebrities and people with unusual lives or occupations engage in discussions with the audience. And the Audi Art Space offers insights into the work of various artists.
- Children and teenagers enjoy the Audi young and fun adventure path.
- Visitors can purchase high-quality Audi articles from the Audi Shop and the Museum Shop.
- Companies from all over Germany appreciate the conference area with meeting rooms of various sizes.
- The gastronomy center includes the live-cooking market restaurant, the fine dining Restaurant AVUS, and the Bar & Lounge.