The principle of living responsibility is firmly anchored in the Audi strategy. As the largest employer in the Ingolstadt region, Audi aims to enhance the quality of life here and therefore regularly collaborates with the city, local companies, associations and educational and social institutions.
Working together for a good cause: The Audi Volunteers initiative is celebrating its fifth birthday in 2017. Audi bundles community service activities and supports the volunteer efforts of its employees under this motto.
- The Ingolstadt site will celebrate Audi Volunteer Day again in 2017. Audi employees will spend the day working in the region’s social institutions.
- Audi also supports various social institutions in the region according to its funding guidelines.
- In September 2015, the company approved one million euros for refugee assistance projects at the production locations in Ingolstadt, Neckarsulm, Brussels and Győr.
- Currently some 50 projects are being implemented in the Ingolstadt region alone.
Focus on education and research: Audi is working in Ingolstadt and the region to make the area even more attractive as a location for science. The company also wants to encourage young people to study in technical and scientific fields.
- Supporting Audi-endowed professorships
- Scientific partnerships, such as with the TH Ingolstadt and KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (joint research projects)
- Science in dialogue: Lecture series with professors from Audi partner universities
- Electric Mobility advanced training program for drive system developers in collaboration with TH Ingolstadt
- Procurement Management MBA program
- Entry-level qualification programs to assist young people who have not been able to secure an apprenticeship or vocational training.
- Promotion of MINT: MINTmacher network, Jugend forscht science fair, Girls’ Day, Girls for Technology camp
- Funding of the Ingolstadt public special-profile school
- In March 2017, Audi and the mentoring foundation Mentor Stiftung Deutschland are launching a mentoring program at the Herschel School in Ingolstadt.
Shaping mobility: Audi is working with the Ingolstadt public transit company (INVG) and Deutsche Bahn, among others, to relieve traffic around the site.
- Collaboration with Ingolstädter Verkehrsgesellschaft GmbH (INVG):
- Audi employees in Region 10 can buy the inexpensive Jobticket Bus and Jobticket Bus/Bahn (bus/rail).
- INVG bus routes 11, S7 and S8 began servicing stops inside the Audi plant in November 2016.
- Route X12, which has been in service since 2012, now runs through the plant more frequently.
- New is the “winter ticket” (five-month pass) for employees intended to relieve rush-hour traffic during the winter months.
- Ingolstadt Audi train stop:
- The project to add a train stop directly at the site is now underway.
- Joint project: Free State of Bavaria, City of Ingolstadt, Deutsche Bahn and AUDI AG.
- Completion is scheduled for late 2019.
Audi’s experience in sports:
At a regional level, Audi is active as a dependable sports sponsor. For more than a decade now, the brand has been a partner of the ERC Ingolstadt ice hockey club, the 2014 German champions. And Audi has a longstanding partnership as main sponsor with the FC Ingolstadt 04 soccer team, which has played in the First Bundesliga since the 2015/2016 season. The home games of the Bundesliga team are played at the Audi Sportpark. Audi places special emphasis here on youth development.
- Since the Audi Schanzer Soccer School was founded in 2009, more than 20,000 children have attended its holiday camps.
- And 23 young talented players of FC Ingolstadt 04 and ERC Ingolstadt attend the Audi Sport Academy, which is a boarding school for child athletes.
Audi also supports the following clubs and sporting events in Ingolstadt:
- MTV Ingolstadt (track and field/volleyball/G‑Judo)
- Dukes Ingolstadt (American football)
- Ingolstadt City Skiing Championship
- Ingolstadt half-marathon
- Ingolstadt Triathlon
- Hagau Reitertage (equestrian)
- Ingolstadt Ice Gala
Audi’s experience in culture:
Audi has been sponsoring cultural activities for more than 50 years. The Audi Wind Philharmonic, a plant orchestra that arose from an employee initiative, was the starting point for Audi’s cultural involvement. Under the name Audi Art Experience, the company brings together a diverse cultural program that ranges from cooperation with world-famous cultural institutions to Audi’s own events in the region and valuable projects for young artists. In addition to the involvement with the Salzburg Festival and the Bavarian State Paintings Collection, the Audi Summer Concerts in the Ingolstadt region and the Audi Youth Choral Academy provide genuine experience of the arts and culture.
Audi supports the following cultural events and institutions in Ingolstadt:
- Audi Summer Concerts: ten concerts in 2017
- Audi Philharmonic Wind Orchestra
- Foundation for Concrete Art and Design/Museum for Concrete Art
- City Theater Ingolstadt
- Ingolstadt Georgian Chamber Orchestra
- Ingolstadt Jazz Days
- Jazz in the Audi Forum Ingolstadt
- Audi Art House Cinema
- 20 minmax short film festival
Audi Forum Ingolstadt: the brand gateway
The Audi Forum Ingolstadt is the Audi experience world at the company’s largest site. Each year it offers some 400,000 visitors from the region and throughout the world a wide range of opportunities to get to know the brand with the four rings.
- Last year, over 73,000 customers opted to pick up their new Audi from the Customer Center at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt – more than ever before. This means that in 2016, about 25 percent of all the Audi cars sold in Germany were driven by their new owners for the first few meters over the piazza at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt.
- The Audi museum mobile is also part of the Audi Forum Ingolstadt. With over 100 exhibits in its permanent collection and changing special exhibitions, the museum focuses on the Audi brand with its rich tradition.
- Guided tours through the plant offer visitors an insight into ultramodern automobile production at the Ingolstadt site.
Popular attraction and tourist highlight
- The Audi Art House Cinema is open daily and has won several awards for its selection of movies.
- The Audi Forum Ingolstadt is a popular meeting point thanks to the wide variety of events held there. Together with the Birdland Jazz Club Neuburg as the organizer, Audi has presented the successful concert series Jazz at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt with musicians from all over the world since 2001. In the Audi.torium, celebrities and people with unusual lives or occupations engage in discussions with the audience. And the Audi Art Space offers insights into the work of various artists.
- Children and teenagers enjoy the Audi young and fun adventure path.
- In the Audi Shop and the Museum Shop, interested visitors can purchase high-quality Audi articles. Companies from all over Germany appreciate the conference area with meeting rooms of various sizes.
- The gastronomy center includes the live-cooking market restaurant, the fine dining Restaurant AVUS, and the Bar & Lounge.