75th anniversary of the four rings
- Merger of the brands Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer on June 29, 1932
- Special exhibitions in Chemnitz, Zwickau and Ingolstadt
Four interlinked rings: this was the symbol of the merger of Saxony's four car companies Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer that led to the formation of Auto Union AG precisely 75 years ago, on 29 June 1932. By the late 1930s, one in four cars in Germany was built by Auto Union AG and sported the four-ring badge on its radiator grille. Auto Union AG was created as a result of this merger, becoming the second-largest car manufacturer in Germany. To this day, the four rings remain the signet of AUDI AG. Thomas Frank, Head of Audi Tradition, explains: "The four rings embody one of the leading international suppliers of exclusive cars and are a visible expression of brand identity and quality – while at the same time acting as a bridge between the past, present and future."