The principle of living responsibility is firmly anchored in the Audi strategy.
- As a good corporate citizen, Audi is part of society. As one of the largest employers in the Neckarsulm region, Audi strives to enhance the quality of life here and therefore regularly collaborates with the municipalities, local companies, associations and educational and social institutions.
- Audi bundles community service activities and supports the volunteer efforts of its employees under the motto “Audi Volunteers.”
- Donations for a good cause: In 2020, Audi Neckarsulm employees and the company raised a total of 280,000 euros in donations. The Christmas donation is handed over to charitable institutions in the region. In the Wishing Tree donation campaign, employees also fulfill individual Christmas wishes of disadvantaged children and young refugees each year.
- Audi supports various social institutions in the region according to funding guidelines.
- In 2020, nine young persons with mental and physical disabilities were provided valuable insights into professional life as part of an inclusion program sponsored by Audi Neckarsulm and the Astrid Lindgren School in Neckarsulm. Up until the corona lockdown in spring 2020, the Astrid Lindgren School students worked throughout the school year at learning stations at the Audi plant in addition to their classroom work. The fourth school year for the inclusion program is scheduled to begin in September 2021.
- Shaping mobility: To ease the traffic situation at the site and make public transport even more attractive to employees, Audi cooperates with the local public transit company Heilbronner Verkehrsgesellschaft (HNV), Deutsche Bahn and the regional city and scheduled bus services. The “Stadtbahn Nord” light rail system began service to two stops directly at the Audi plant in late 2014. Employees benefit from the Audi job ticket, a company-subsidized annual pass for the public transportation system.
- Audi has been working with partners in government, public transportation and other companies since 2017 to develop additional measures for improving the transportation situation in the region as part of the Heilbronn-Neckarsulm Mobility Agreement. Audi also support the expansion of electric charging infrastructure in the region. A total of 600 charging terminals will be available at the Neckarsulm site by mid-2022.