The principle of putting responsibility into practice is firmly anchored in the Audi strategy. As the largest employer in the Ingolstadt region, Audi aims to enhance the quality of life here and therefore regularly collaborates with the city, local companies, associations, and educational and social institutions.
- “Audi volunteers:” Audi bundlescommunity service activities and supports the volunteer efforts of its employees under this motto.
- Focus on education and research: Audi is involved in projects in Ingolstadt and the surrounding area, for example through academic cooperations, the public series of lectures on “Wissenschaft im Dialog” (scientists in dialog), and programs for pupils (Jugend forscht [German youth science competition], Girls’ Day, Mädchen‑für‑Technik‑Camp [girls for technology camp]).
- Shaping mobility: Audi is working with the Ingolstadt public transit company (INVG) and Deutsche Bahn, among others, to reduce traffic around the site. The people living in the region also benefit from the expansion of the bus network and the new train stop “Ingolstadt Audi” right by the plant premises.
- The Audi experience in sports: On a regional level, Audi is active as a reliable sports sponsor. Audi isthe partner of ice hockey club ERC Ingolstadt and FC Ingolstadt 04. Audi attaches particular value to promoting youths and young talents(Audi Schanzer Football Academy and Audi Sportakademie). Audi also supports many other regional clubs and sporting events, for example the Ingolstadt half marathon and triathlon.
- The Audi experience in culture: Audi has been sponsoring cultural activities for more than 50 years. The Audi Philharmonic Wind Orchestra, a factory orchestra that arose from an employee initiative, was the starting point for the company’s cultural involvement. The company now bundles a diverse cultural program under the term Audi ArtExperience.Concert highlights in the region include the Audi Summer Concerts or performances by the Audi Young Persons’ Choral Academy. Audi is also a sponsor of the Stiftung für Konkrete Kunst und Design (foundation for concrete art and design) in Ingolstadt.