- Its exterior: sporty and more sophisticated thanks to the flatter and broader Singleframe grille, enlarged air inlets, new headlights featuring LED technology, offset shoulder line with distinctive edges above the wheel arches and pronounced horizontal body lines also at the rear to emphasize the width
- Clean interior design with new, freestanding 10.1-inch touchscreen
- New equipment lines for the exterior (basic, advanced and S line) that can be freely combined and the new interior packages (basic, design selection and interior S line), new colors and materials
- Exclusive A4 “edition one” special edition as a Sedan and Avant to coincide with the market launch
- MMI touch operating concept, developed from the ground up, echoes that of a smartphone
- Clear graphical interface, intuitive menu structure, rapid MMI search
- Optional navigation with new functions as well as many Audi connect services
- New MIB 3 main unit with high computing power
- Personalization of up to 14 user profiles with myAudi
- Audi connect key and Audi phone box
- Bang & Olufsen 3D Premium Sound System
- New range of functions on demand: three infotainment features can be booked after sale via the myAudi app
- Audi virtual cockpit plus with three interfaces on request
- Numerous driver assistance systems in the “Tour,” “City” and “Park” packages.
Drive and suspension
- Eight turbocharged engines with power outputs ranging from 100 kW (136 metric hp) to 255 kW (347 metric hp) at market launch:
- three four-cylinder TDI engines , one V6 TDI and three four-cylinder TFSI engines as well as one S4 V6 TDI.
- 30 TDI: 2.0 TDI 100 kW (136 metric hp) 12 V, 320 Nm of torque (236.0 lb-ft),
- 35 TDI: 2.0 TDI 120 kW (163 metric hp) 12 V, 380 Nm of torque (280.3 lb-ft),
- 40 TDI: 2.0 TDI 140 kW (190 metric hp), 400 Nm of torque (295.0 lb-ft)
- 45 TDI: 3.0 TDI 170 kW (231 metric hp), 500 Nm of torque (368.8 lb-ft)
- S4 TDI: 3.0 TDI 255 kW (347 metric hp) 48 V, 700 Nm of torque (516.3 lb-ft),
- 35 TFSI: 2.0 TFSI 110 kW (150 metric hp) 12 V, 270 Nm of torque (199.1 lb-ft),
- 40 TFSI: 2.0 TFSI 140 kW (190 metric hp) 12 V, 320 Nm of torque (236.0 lb-ft),
- 45 TFSI: 2.0 TFSI 180 kW (245 metric hp) 12 V, 370 Nm of torque (272.9 lb-ft).
- Five engine variants with a mild hybrid system (MHEV) based on 12 volts for the market launch.
- 35 TFSI: 2.0 TFSI 110 kW (150) 12 V,
- 40 TFSI: 2.0 TFSI 140 kW (190) 12 V,
- 45 TFSI: 2.0 TFSI 180 kW (245) 12 V
- 30 TDI: 2.0 TDI 100 kW (136) 12 V,
- 35 TDI: 2.0 TDI 120 kW (163) 12 V,
- Power is transferred by 7-speed S tronic, 8-speed tiptronic / front-wheel or quattro drive.
A 6-speed manual transmission will be added later.
- Sportily balanced suspension, sport suspension on request, damper control optional in each case
- Audi drive select dynamic handling system standard from 140 kW (190 metric hp)
The Audi S4 TDI
- 3.0 TDI in top-of-the-line version for Sedan and Avant: 255 kW (347 metric hp), 700 Nm (516.3 lb-ft)
- New 48-volt main on-board electrical system for MHEV and electric powered compressor
The Audi A4 allroad quattro
- quattro drive as standard, ground clearance 35 millimeters (1.4 in) greater than A4 Avant
- Exterior design with a robust look, underbody protection
*Fuel consumption and CO2 emission figures given in ranges depend on the tires/wheels used.
All terms marked in the text are explained in detail in the technology lexicon at www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/technology-lexicon.
The equipment, data and prices specified in this document refer to the model range offered in Germany. Subject to change without notice; errors and omissions excepted.