Exterior design and lighting technology
- Unparalleled body style with RS-specific exterior design: Just three carry-over parts from the A6 Avant – the front doors, roof and luggage compartment lid.
- Wider body: wheel arches flared by around 40 millimeters (1.6 in) on each side
- Distinct front end: flatter and wider Singleframe in gloss black
- Exclusively within the A6 family: optional HD Matrix LED headlights with
- Audi laser light and darkened bezels, LED headlights as standard
- RS exhaust system with oval tailpipes on both sides
- Three styling packages add highlights in gloss black, carbon or matt aluminum to the exterior
- Audi rings and RS logos in gloss black upon request
- Thirteen exterior paint finishes, including two RS-specific shades of Nardo gray and Sebring black, crystal effect; five matt effect paint finishes
- Alloy wheels in 21-inch and 22-inch sizes with RS 6-specific design
Engine and drivetrain
- More power, greater efficiency: 4.0 TFSI twin-turbo V8 with 441 kW (600 PS) at engine speeds between 6,000 and 6,250 rpm and 800 Nm (590.0 lb-ft) of torque remains consistent within an engine speed range from 2,050 to 4,500 rpm.
- Extra 29 kW (40 PS) thanks to larger compressor wheels and boost pressure increased by 0.2 bar to 1.4 bar (relative).
- Zero to 100 km/h (62.1 mph) in just 3.6 seconds and on to 200 km/h (124.3 mph) in just 12 seconds
- Top speed of up to 305 km/h (189.5 mph) upon request with dynamic package plus
- Mild-hybrid system (MHEV) based on the 48-volt main electrical system; enables gliding with the engine switched off, fast restart and an extended stop/start range starting at just 22 km/h (13.7 mph)
- Cylinder on demand (COD) system for temporarily shutting off four of the eight cylinders
- New eight-speed tiptronic makes it possible to deploy the 100 Nm (73.8 lb-ft) of extra torque
- quattro permanent all-wheel drivewith self-locking center differential as standard: Front/rear power distribution of 40:60 as standard and optionally up to 70:30 or 15:85
- Advanced five-link front and rear axles
- Wide range of driving characteristics adjustable via the dynamic handling system Audi drive select
- Via the new “RS1” and “RS2” drive modes, the engine and transmission management, the power steering, the suspension, the dynamic all-wheel steering, the quattro sport differential and the engine sound, for example, can be adjusted individually and stored in the MMI touch response. The settings can then be accessed and changed quickly via the “RS MODE” steering wheel button
- Completely new standard RS adaptive air suspension with controlled damping is 50 percent more taut than the air suspension in the A6 Avant
- Optional: enhanced RS sport suspension plus with electrohydraulic
- Dynamic Ride Control (DRC)reduces pitch and rolling movements
- Sporty and direct progressive steering as standard, dynamic all-wheel steering with
- RS-specific tuning as an option
- Optional: quattro sport differential can shift drive torques between the rear wheels
- Stable: newly developed ten-piston RS ceramic brake system with disks measuring 440 millimeters (17.3 in) at the front and 370 millimeters (14.6 in) at the rear
Body and interior
- Spacious and variable interior with numerous sporty accents
- Luggage compartment with a capacity of between 565 (20.0 cu ft) and 1,680 liters (59.3 cu ft)
- Color highlights in the interior: RS design package available in red or gray
- Sportiness paired with comfort: RS sport seats fitted with ventilation function for the first time
- Contour ambient lighting package for targeted lighting effects in the dark, adjustable in 30 colors
- Additional customization options available through the Audi exclusive program
Controls, infotainment and driver assist systems
All terms marked in the text are explained in detail in the technology lexicon at www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/technology-lexicon.
The equipment, data and prices specified in this document refer to the model range offered in Germany. Subject to change without notice; errors and omissions excepted.