Drive and high-voltage battery
- Two asynchronous electric motors at the rear axle and one at the front axle achieve a combined peak output of 320 kW and a peak torque of 808 Nm (596.0 lb-ft); in boost mode, they achieve 370 kW and 973 Nm (717.6 lb-ft).
- Sporty acceleration values: 0–100 km/h (62.1 mph) in 4.5 seconds; top speed of 210 km/h (130.5 mph).
- Electric all-wheel drive and electric torque vectoring via the two electric motors at the rear axle; intensive and therefore lightning-fast and highly precise networking of drive, all-wheel, and brake regulation
- Sophisticated recuperation system with energy recovery in coasting mode and during almost all brake applications; choice of three levels; output of up to 270 kW
- Range with one battery charge up to 364 kilometers (226.2 mi) for the e-tron S or 370 kilometers (229.9 mi) for the e-tron S Sportback in the WLTP cycle.
- Battery with 95 kWh (86 kWh net), voltage of 397 volts; 36 cell modules with 12 cells each
- Highly flexible thermal management with four circuits, efficient heat pump as standard
- Alternating and three-phase current charging at home with up to 11 kW; charging system connect with smart functions available upon request shortly after market launch
- Fast charging on the road with up to 11 kW or, with direct current, up to 150 kW.
- e-tron Charging Service makes more than 150,000 charging points in Europe accessible with just one card
- myAudi app for remote management of charging and pre-entry climate control
Exterior design and aerodynamics
- Striking design of front and rear bumpers and diffuser insert; wheel arches widened by 23 millimeters (0.9 in) each; silver-colored attachments
- Digital matrix LED headlights available upon request; new technology with 1.3 million micromirrors, new light functions such as lane light and orientation light
- Drag coefficient of just 0.26 (e-tron S Sportback), flow-optimized wheel arch extensions at the front, optional virtual exterior mirrors with cameras and OLED displays
Interior and controls
- Interior with distinctly calm design language – sporty and progressive color design; electrically adjustable sport seats with leather/Alcantara upholstery, aluminum or carbon inlays, contour/ambient lighting package
- Two large MMI touch response displays, both with haptic feedback, Audi virtual cockpit, and head-up display upon request
Connectivity and equipment
- New main unit (MIB 3) with increased processing power for MMI navigation plus
- Audi connect with many online services, including extended e-tron route planner
- Many assist systems such as adaptive cruise assist (optional) and efficiency assist (standard);
- Series-production launch in Europe in autumn of 2020; base price in Germany: EUR 91,435.29 for the Audi e-tron S and EUR 93,628.58 for the Audi e-tron S Sportback
All terms in blue in the text are explained in detail in the technology lexicon at www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/technology-lexicon.
The equipment, data and prices stated here refer to the model range offered for sale in Germany. Subject to change without notice; errors and omissions excepted.