AUDI AG opens automobile plant in Mexico
- Audi Board of Management gives starting signal for production of new Audi Q5
- Audi CEO Rupert Stadler: “A milestone in the history of our company”
- Board of Management Member for Production Hubert Waltl: “The first virtually planned automobile plant”
- Up to 150,000 premium automobiles for the world market each year
- Investment of more than €1 billion at the site
Audi is further expanding its worldwide production network and thus continuing along its path of global growth. This Friday, the Audi Board of Management opened the company’s first automobile plant on the North American continent. Starting now, the brand with the Four Rings will produce the new generation of the Audi Q5* for the world market in San José Chiapa in Mexico’s federal state of Puebla. The plant has an annual production capacity of approximately 150,000 premium SUVs. By the end of the year, a total of 4,200 jobs will be created locally at Audi México.