We are using cookies for a better user experience.
30 years of partnership in China:
Audi and FAW start a model initiative
- Audi and Chinese partner First Automotive Works are to expand their local portfolio to more than ten models by 2022 and launch their first all-electric cars
- 2019: Audi Q2 L e-tron is the first electric car specifically for Chinese customers
- Herbert Diess, CEO of the Volkswagen Group: “30 years of Audi in China tell a success story of innovation, transformation and friendship”
- Alexander Seitz, CFO and Board Member for China at AUDI AG: “We will use our experience to locally develop and produce models specifically for China”
- FAW CEO Xu Liuping: “Together, we have achieved pioneering milestones and created a successful win-win cooperation.”
Audi and First Automotive Works (FAW) are celebrating the 30th anniversary of their partnership this Monday. The approximately 650 guests at the anniversary event at the FAW plant in Changchun include representatives of the province of Jilin, of partner FAW, and of the FAW-Volkswagen joint venture, as well as members of the boards of management of Volkswagen AG and AUDI AG. Audi is further expanding its local research and development competencies in order to launch more China-specific model variants and digital services. The first electric car tailored for Chinese customers, the Audi Q2 L e-tron, will already be launched in 2019. Local production of the Audi e-tron will follow in 2020, one year after its market launch in China.