AUDI HUNGARIA Zrt. has been an important factor for the development of the Hungarian economy and the city of Győr since 1993. For Audi Hungaria, it is only natural to accept social responsibility and promote cultural and sporting events with the goal of improving the quality of life in the region.
Here are a few examples from the cultural scene:
- Sponsoring the Győr Ballet Ensemble since 1997
- Financial support for the Győr Philharmonic Orchestra since 2015
- Supporting various cultural events, such as the Jazz Terrace in Pannonhalma
- Main sponsor of the annual end-of-summer concert in Győr
AUDI HUNGARIA Zrt. is also an important player in Győr’s sporting life.
- The company has been the main and name sponsor of the Győri AUDI ETO women’s handball team since 2006
- and is the naming partner of the 5,500-seat Audi Aréna Győr.
Reflecting its social responsibility, Audi Hungaria hosted the fifth Volunteer Day in 2018. This event is very popular among the employees. 400 employees volunteered their time to actively help with 27 projects in Győr and the surrounding area. Audi Hungaria has also been involved in health care in the region since the company’s founding. It has donated several times to the Petz Aladár County Hospital, and presented an Audi A3 Sedan* to the outpatient clinic operated by Győr’s primary care physicians. Audi Hungaria provided an Audi A4 Avant* to the Győr emergency medical services in 2017. The command center uses it primarily for special calls and trips to severely ill patients. A donation from Audi Hungaria enabled the General and Thoracic Surgery Unit of Peter Aladár County Hospital in Győr to purchase medical instruments and a specialized laser device, which are indispensable for modern surgical interventions such as laparoscopic surgery. As such, the company makes a substantial contribution to enhancing the standard of care.