Fit for the future – the region’s economic engine: With state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, innovative production technologies and flexible logistics concepts, the Audi Ingolstadt site is ideally prepared for the future. The key is further flexibilization, and this is being systematically implemented with respect to models, utilization, production lines and market requirements. The objective is complete structural flexibilization at the site in order to realize the vision of the intelligently networked smart factory. Continuously updating this high-tech location and ongoing construction measures energize the region and contribute to its prosperity.
Construction projects at the Ingolstadt site: The many construction sites on the site show that Audi has its finger on the pulse of the times and continues to evolve. New future-oriented projects are ambitiously implemented, including:
The new topcoat paint shop with dry separation is among the world’s cleanest.
- Up to 900 bodies are painted on the shop’s three floors each day.
- Modern application systems conserve resources
- Ergonomically configured workplaces
The Area Süd/H6 office complex offers space for creativity and networking, and enables modern forms of collaboration.
- Phase 1: Completed in fall 2016, 1,000 office workspaces, includes new company cafeteria
- Phase 2: Completion in late 2017, an additional 1,500 office workspaces
Hall B in the Logistics Center: The new production and logistics hall is a pre-assembly center for rear axles and cockpit modules with the associated logistics processes.
- Inauguration January 2017
- Usable floor space: 30,000 square meters (322,917.3 sq ft)
- Currently 530 employees (later max. 800 employees working three shifts)
Technical Development’s new Design Center will offer space for 700 employees.
- Completion in summer 2017
A new body shop is being erected for a future Audi model.
- Start of construction 2016, scheduled completion 2019
- 157,000 square meters (1,689,933.9 sq ft)
Expansions in the vicinity of Ingolstadt: The Audi site in Ingolstadt has been growing steadily for years and expanding its footprint in the region.
Audi Manufacturing Münchsmünster: The 48-hectare (118 acre) site is located approximately 30 kilometers east of Ingolstadt. This competence center for high-tech suspension components, aluminum structural components and pressed parts is really hitting its stride:
- In 2016, more than 20.1 million vehicle components were manufactured, and growth is expected to continue in 2017.
- Over 800 employees work here in three shifts.
- Smart Factory in Münchsmünster: Wheel hubs are built in just eight seconds thanks to a combination of robots, 3D image recognition software and control system.
Audi Neuburg: The high-tech Audi Neuburg site is an integral element of the Neuburg an der Donau region as well as a magnet for visitors. Nearly 20,000 visitors attended the more than 750 events held at the site in 2016.
- Audi driving experience: A wide range of driver training courses has been offered here since 2014. Around 10,000 visitors from 23 countries took part in driving exercises during 2016.
- Motorsport Competence Center/Audi Sport: Audi Neuburg remains the competence center for the motorsport activities of AUDI AG. Audi Sport develops and builds racing cars, rolls out the cars and organizes all of the races worldwide.
- Audi Sport customer racing: Neuburg has been the worldwide control center for Audi customer racing for more than one year. In addition to the Audi R8 LMS, the Audi Sport TT Cup is also organized here.
IN‑Campus site: Audi set the course for the future of the site in 2015: Through a joint venture with the city of Ingolstadt, the company acquired the former site of the company Bayernoil in the east of the city. The 75 hectare (185 acre) industrial wasteland will be remediated and developed over the long term into a modern technology center. The IN Campus is a key project for the future of Audi and the region, and is an answer to the future challenges facing the automotive industry.